Friday, August 29, 2014

Djokovic cruises into third round

NOVAK DJOKOVIC routed Paul-Henri Mathieu, 6-1, 6-3, 6-0, on Thursday (Friday morning in Manila) to advance into the third round of the U.S. Open.


The Serbian top seed fired 13 aces and 33 total winners against the Frenchman.


This kind of performance helped dispel any lingering suggestion that marriage and impending fatherhood had distracted Djokovic from the game.


“I think there is no question about it, my full priorities and commitments and energy goes to my family as much as I need to, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not going to continue on doing what I was doing so far,” Djokovic said.


Djokovic, whose four trips to the final in the past four years earned him only one title in 2011, wwill next face American Sam Querrey.


Querrey, one of just three US men to make it into the second round, advanced with a 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 win over 28th-seeded Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez. Noli Cruz


.. Continue: Remate.ph (source)



Djokovic cruises into third round


No comments:

Post a Comment